Our Administrative Team
Lynne Barletta began her professional art career at age 14 and has been teaching art and writing curriculum for after school programs for over 30 years.She has sold her work internationally and created murals serving as fundraisers for trafficked children. Lynne’s clientele includes Coors Beer, The Denver Broncos, US Sugar, the Juvenile Justice Department of Florida, AT&T and many public art venues including the far east in Singapore.
Lynne founded Visionary School of Arts, Stuart, Florida in 2010. VSOA semester course students, ages 5-17 have won over 500 local national and international awards, with some students receiving college scholarships either in the arts or utilizing art alongside other careers. Lynne received the Annual Excellence in Education award from the Martin County Arts Council in 2016.
Visionary Centers International was founded by Lynne in 2001 and became a church that Lynne has been pastoring with her husband Tony from 2002 - present.
Catch the Wave of Hope was formed by Lynne in 2015. Catch the Wave of Hope is an organization to abolish human sex trafficking in south Florida, nationally and internationally. CWH leads the way through awareness, healing and action to stop human sex trafficking. Lynne painted the largest mural ever done in Stuart, Florida to bring awareness and to raise funds to build a home for trafficked children.
Lynne has spent twenty years of speaking globally, working with abused and trafficked girls, conducting business seminars, women’s seminars, and leadership workshops. She has conducted seminars for leadership and human trafficking awareness for Wilmington Trust, Rotary Clubs, Center State Bank,, League of 10 Cities, The Women’s Club, LEADERship Martin County, Harbor Ridge Community, Mendal Palm Beach Library, The National Juvenile Justice Conference in Orlando, Fl and the JUST International Human Trafficking Conference in San Diego, CA.
Author of No Stress Zone and The Power of Art curriculum for abused and trafficked survivors, Lynne continues to write curriculum for trafficked survivors and At Risk children that has been piloted Martin County public schools in spring of 2018, and at the Boys and Girls Clubs of Martin County in 2019. Lynne was invited by the Juvenile Justice Department of Florida to present the Power of Art Curriculum that she authored to all 50 states in 2017. The Power of Art III For Abused and Trafficked Survivors belongs to Catch the Wave of Hope and sales benefit CWH.
Education: University of Northern Colorado / Ordained with Ministry and Leadership Degree 2001 Covenant Centre International Church School of Ministry, Palm Beach Gardens, Fl. Trained in inner healing SOZO, Bethel Church, California and Christ For the Nations. Certified in Life Restoration Inner Healing Dr. Larry Duetchman.
Organizations: Honors, Awards and Highlights
- Leadership Award Global Embassy Network 2005
- President’s Award 2012 Stuart Martin County Chamber of Commerce for achievement in joining arts and business in Martin County. Stuart /Martin County Chamber of Commerce
- Leadership 2011 Stuart / Martin County Chamber of Commerce
- Judge for National Congressional High School Art Competition 2010, 2011, 2014
- Stuart / Martin County Chamber of Commerce board member 2011-2015
- Woman of the year nomination 2010, 2013, 2014, 2015 Soroptimist Society
- Stuart Martin County Chamber of Commerce board member 2011-2015
- Arts Achievement Award 2011 2012 for The Power of Art Program Banner Lake, Hobe Sound
- Awarded Public Art Sailfish Waterpark 2013
- Proclamation to abolish human trafficking, League of 10 Cities.
- Featured artist mARTies Awards 2014
- Arts Council mARTies Awards 2016 “Excellence in Arts Education” annual award for Martin County
- Awarded largest mural ever completed 2017-2018 on the ATT building downtown Stuart.
- CBS Channel 12 Extraordinary People Award Nov 2017
- Annual Watchman on the Wall Award Treasure Coast Business, Leaders and Ministry Coalition December 2018. Featured on local news channels 25,12 and 5.
- Keynote Speaker One Billion Rising 2019
- Keynote Speaker Annual
- National Juried All Florida Show exhibit Elliott Museum 2013
- American Heritage awarded cover “Emergence” 2014
- Best of Show Vote People’s Choice Palm Cove Annual Art Show 2014, 2015
- Honorable Mention All County Color Show Arts Council 2015
- Nominated for Visual Artist of the Year mARTies 2015 Martin County Arts Council
Selected news segment links:
Human Trafficking Bill 219 Tallahassee / Channel 12 / CBS News
Using Art To Help Heal Victims / Channel 5 WPTV / Fox News
Human Trafficking Awareness Day / Channel 5 WPTV / Fox News
Artist Seeks to Abolish Sex Trafficking / Palm Beach Post Front Page Story
Prevention / Channel 12 / CBS News
Awareness Channel 5 WPTV / Fox News
Alicia Posluszny has been mentored privately by Lynne Barletta for over 5 years. She has her AA in fine art and is working on her BA at Florida Atlantic University.
Alicia's students have won over 50 awards in 3 years. Many of them have been with her since the beginning of VSOA in 2010.
Her paintings are shown and sold at Visionary Gallery.